Thing 5: Video Presentations


I decided to use PowToon to create my video, because I am already familiar with Screen-Cast-O-Matic, and also use Camtasia, and have animated Powerpoint.

I tried out a template in PowToon, and wow, was that easy. In about 7 minutes, I created the video. Now that I've done one, and saw how easy it was, I want to really think through some of our topics and write a good script. I will collect additional images and video clips that I want to upload into the finished product, but I think this will be a really useful tool for some quick promotional materials.

We also just recently subscribed to GoAnimate, which seems very similar to PowToon. Depending on next year's budget, if GoAnimate gets cut, I'll easily switch to PowToon.


Comments

  1. Great Powtoon! We've got Camtasia at my own place of work as well, that's what I tend to default to, but if we didn't, Powtoon would definitely be a good option. Thanks for your post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thing 2

Thing 6: Reflection on Things 3-5

Thing 4: Communicating Visually