Thing 4: Communicating Visually

My daughter is really the expert at making photos beautiful, but I'm always happy to try out things to make sharing images easy and fun. I tried two of these apps, and here are my results. #rudai23 #thing

PhotoFunia
This was really easy and had some fun choices. I can see using it for our libraries, for some announcements and advertising.

My daughter's boyfriend is a Minneapolis rapper, so I thought this was cool:


My daughter is an actress, and I used a photo of her at the Cannes Film Festival for the big screen:


My other daughter is flying out to see a friend in NYC, so...


The only downside to using PhotoFunia that I can see is that one might tire of the options.

Quik

Next, I knew I had a couple sets of recent photos that would be good to try in video form, so I tried out Quik.
Here is my sisters and mom when we went to tour the really cool Art Barn at St. Olaf College:
 

My daughter likes to be in control of her pets. They are always so adorable together, even when the cat is not having it. So...


Both of these products were easy and intuitive to use. The only trouble I had was adding the video to Blogger. The videos downloaded by the title, so, for instance, my Art Barn at St. Olaf saved as a .olaf file, which I found amusing, but frustrating. I literally highlighted the name of the video, took out the . and other non-letter symbols, and then added .mov to the end. Then I was able to load them into Blogger.

Comments

  1. Thanks so much for this! We've been experimenting with these kinds of tools a lot at my library. I think Qwik is the one we have used the most. Photofunia IS super fun, but you're right, the options of what to do with them run out fairly quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thing 2

Thing 6: Reflection on Things 3-5